The current challenges include:
- Fearful of starting with limited knowledge
- Do not have the correct organizational structure for a big data culture that enables trust between business, data scientist and IT
- Do not have people with the right skills to tackle big data
The question remains how to tackle such issues? TCS has a specific big data concept that they invest in called a 4D approach:
- 1D: Define the right use cases and pinpoint the biggest opportunities to create value from your data.
- 2D: Determine the right algorithms, goals and constraints to deliver on those opportunities
- 3D: Deploy the right IT systems to model conditions and integrate data
- 4D: Delineate the right data domain and relevant sources.
Read more at http://www.intelligentutility.com/article/14/08/where-start-big-data-your-utility
See how Stratinis can endeavour to optimize and manage your prices through our pricing software